If it is the first time that you buy tetra fish, then you should start your journey with a small number of fish which requires easy caring ways . Setting up tanks and aquarium needs experience.
So, for beginners, it is best to start their journey with only one inexpensive fish known as test fish. Providing your test fish with perfect living conditions and analyzing their reaction towards them will teach you everything about tetra fish tanks and aquariums.
Setting up a tetra fish tank/aquariums
Setting up a tetra fish tank and aquariums include various tasks that needs to be completed in order to maintain overall health of fishes. It includes:
- Aquarium Materials such as gravel, decorations and stones should be washed periodically with colander. Avoid using soap or detergent to wash these materials as they are toxic to fish.
- Add Water: one third of aquarium should be filled up with room temperature water, adding tetra aqua safe to de-chlorinate water.
- Decoration and Plants: rocks, live or plastic plants and ornaments should be very well arranged in an aquarium. Adding live plants involves taking extra care such as they should be planted at specific water temperature and should be moist till the time they are planted.
- Balance of Water: Fill up the aquarium to the top leaving some space between water level and the cover.
- Filter, Heater and Thermometer: when using outside filters, you should fill them with filter cartridge. Heater should be secured as per directions and thermometer should be placed far away from heater as possible.
- Starting Your Aquarium Equipment: start your aquarium and switch on power filter, heater and air pump and make sure that your power is working properly and heater is adjusted to give perfect temperature.
- Add Fish to the Aquarium starting with floating fish in plastic bags for 15 minutes in your aquarium which allows temperature in plastic bag to become in equilibrium with temperature in aquarium. Add tetra safestart and place fish into aquarium.
- Cover the Aquarium with hood and turn on the lights.
- First Feeding and Control: feeding should be done after tetra fishes have adapted to their environment.
Beginners should start with providing their tetra fish, large aquarium of about 20 gallon to provide them with enough space to grow and thrive. Large volume of water ensures easy maintenance of balance of environment.
- Tetra Glass Aquariums are made in the USA and are built to last with scratch resistant glass
- The Tetra Aquarium comes loaded with an LED hood, that provides a natural daytime effect and a Whisper Filter that is whisper quiet while providing powerful, dependable water flow
- Artificial Plants add a unique, natural ocean feel while giving your fish a place to hide which reduces fish stress
- The Tetra Kit includes: one 20 Gallon Glass Aquarium, one LED hood, one Tetra Mini UL Heater, one Tetra Whisper 20 Filter, one artificial Boxwood Plant Mat, four artificial plants. Add gravel and fish to complete your aquarium
- Aquarium Dimensions: 24.2" L x 12.4" W x 16.7" H
Last update on 2024-02-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
An aquarium with small size will show frequent variations in water quality and parameters like temperature and pH level which can be harmful for your tetra fish.
Tetra Tank Mates
Tetra fish are known to exist in variety of colors like red, blue and black . Mix of different types of tetra fish in a community tank is a must watch behavior of tetra fish. Their behavior may be described as follows:
- Schooling fish: tetra fish prefer small groups of single same species. You should ensure that you have a school of six small fishes together.
- Adding other species of tetra in community tank also works well.
- Friendly: tetras are observed to be friendly with fishes of different species that are similar in size and activity.
Tetra SafeStart helps to start aquarium from the beginning by adding good bacteria required to break fish waste and start filtration and eliminates need to wait for many weeks for tank to cycle.
Filtration is a important part of keeping fish. An aquarium filter works by keeping water conditions clean and healthy and also maintains aquarium by processing solid, biological and dissolved waste.
Solid waste is removed by mechanical filtration, dissolved waste by chemical filtration and biological waste is removed by biological filtration.
Wisper Filter PF10
Tetra Whisper PF10 power filtration removes waste mechanically, biologically and chemically. Hence, it is a type of three in one filter.
- Mechanical Filter removes solid waste.
- Chemical Filterremoves dissolved waste.
- Biological Filterremoves biological waste.
- QUIET & RELIABLE The Tetra Whisper Power Filter uses 3-stage filtration to create clear clean water – PF 10 treats aquariums up to 10 gallons - 90 GPH.Included Components: Whisper PF10 Aquarium Filter (5-10 Gal)
- ABSORBS ODORS Ultra-Activated carbon removes both odor and water discoloration
- CATCHES DEBRIS Dense dual-sided mesh filters debris and fish waste
- INNOVATIVE CLEANING POWER Integrated Stay Clean technology reduces buildup on glass and binds small dirt particles to make them easier to filter
- CARTRIDGE REFILLS Change cartridges monthly uses medium-sized Tetra Whisper Bio-Bag Cartridges (refills sold separately)
Last update on 2024-02-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- The Tetra FS3060 is a perfect filtration system for 30 to 60 gallon tank. It is multi-stage filtration system that provides you with continuous flushing action maximizing oxygenation and water agitation.
Submersible Aquarium Heaters
Measuring water temperature periodically is very important and its failure may result in death of your tetra fish. Hence, Submersible Aquarium Heaters are used which are technologically advanced in monitoring water temperatures. It gives real time and accurate temperature readings.
- ★200W aquarium heater is suitable for 30 to 40 gallons aquariums,Length - 11",voltage 110-120V, power cord is 6ft, please choose the right wattage aquarium heater according to our size chart.
- ★It shows an area to adjust the temperature. It's not exactly accurate but it turns easy and can be adjusted at small intervals.
- ★Explosion Proof: 2mm thickened quartz glass,can be used in fresh water and salt water aquariums,easy to hide in the tank.
- ★Precise temperature dial from 68 to 89 째F allows for complete control of aquatic climate within a 1-degree difference.
- ★Adjustable Aquarium Fish Tank Water Heater Sensitive and reliable thermostat maintains uniform temperature. Automatic shut off when the temperature is reached.
- 🐠【Rapid Heating and Two Temperature Control System】300W aquarium heater is sutable for 40-75 gallon fish tank and made of the most stable nickel-chromium heating wire, which can quickly and stably conduct heat to the surroundings. It has a built-in temperature control system of Fahrenheit and Celsius(Temp range: 63-94℉/17-34℃). You can press and hold the button next to the controller for 2-3 seconds to switch.
- 🐠【Intelligent Water Sensor and Over Temperature Protection】This fish tank heater has a unique intelligent temperature and water sensor system, the heater will automatically stop heating when the heater is completely out of water or it rapidly heats beyond the set temperature, the indicator light will turn green in both cases to ensure the maximum safety of you and your aquatic organisms just like protecting our own safety.
- 🐠【Explosion-proof Quartz Glass Aquarium Heater】The submersible aquarium heater is made of explosion-proof quartz glass material and a high-temperature resistant nickel-chromium heating wire with silicon carbide heat conduction, faster water heating and longer lasting. And the stronger black shell is a high temperature resistant ABS material which protect the fish, your aquatic organisms and you from scalding.
- 🐠【Accurate External Digital Display Controller】The external IC temp controller of this aquarium water heater can show the water temp with 2 red LED digits. The temperature in Fahrenheit and Celsius is displayed, which can be switched by pressing and holding the button for a few seconds. To set the temp, just press the button over and over until the screen displaying the temp you desired, the setting is done and the led shows the current water temp again.
- 🐠【Wide Range of Use】This 300 watt adjustable aquarium heater is suitable for many occasions. The fish market is a common place for us. It can maintain the freshness of fish. They are also suitable for places where aquatic life such as fish tanks, aquariums, and small fish ponds are kept. There are strong suction cups on the heater guard and the thermometer, it's easy to install the aquarium heater no to the tank walls or bottom, please keep them fully submerged.
- Explosion Proof: The aquarium heater is made of 2mm thickened quartz glass, 33% thicker than ordinary glass, explosion-proof, not easy to crack, which is very safe for people and aquatic animals.
- Application: 50W water heater is suitable for 5 – 15 gallon tank, also suitable for both saltwater and freshwater, suitable for fish tanks and turtle tanks, must be completely submerged in water when using.
- Accurate Temperature: The fish tank heater can be adjusted from 68°F to 93°F (20°C - 34°C), comes with a thermometer sticker, convenient to detect the water temperature without another pay.
- Long Service Life: This fish heater adopts 8-slot multi-branched heating wire ceramic frame, shorter length, 7.8*1*1 in(20*2.5*2.5 cm), better heat dissipation, and can save more space for your fishes.
- Complete Accessories and Warranty: This aquarium submersible heater comes with accessories you need, in addition to the thermometer, it comes with 3 suction cups, one for replacement, and offer 12 months warranty, giving you peace of mind after your purchase.
- All Tetra HT heaters have indicator lights to let you know when the heater is on. It will be red when heating and green when the proper temperature has been reached..All Tetra HT Heaters will shut off if an electrical short is detected for your safety.
- The HT10 uses a built in electronic theromstat to automatically maintain water at 78° F which is ideal for most tropical fish. No adjustment is requried.
- Ideal for aquariums between 2 to 10 gallons with hoods or glass canopies
- The HT heater is fully submersbile and can be installed vertically or horizontally. It's small footprint makes it easy to conceal behind plants or other décor.
- Please read all label information upon delivery. DO NOT plug heater into an electrical outlet until it is placed inside the aquarium.
- 🐟 100W aquarium heater, length 8.8-inch, power cord 4.9ft, designed for small fish tanks, recommended for aquariums 15 to 30 Gallons.
- 🐟 Adjustable and easy to use: This aquarium heater, adjustable temperature range 68 ~ 93 °F, after setting the temp you want, will on or shut off automatically when the water temperature changes, no extra adjustment is required.
- 🐟 Accurate Temperature Control: This fish tank heater built-in thermostat, will automatically keep the water at the set temperature within±2°F error. Comes with an sticker thermometer to detect water temp at any time.
- 🐟 Thickened Glass: 2mm thickened quartz glass, 33% thicker than 1.5mm normal aquarium heaters, much safer for human and your lovely fishes.
- 🐟Easier installation, you can install it with any angle by 2 powerful suction cups, just make sure it is under water fully. Besides, we provide 1 more extra suction cup for spare (total 3 PCS), and we provide 12 months warranty.
Last update on 2024-02-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
A biotope is an aquarium set up to simulate natural habitat. In biotype aquarium, every type of environment condition is similar to natural habitat.
Parasite guard includes tablets for the the treatment of fish parasites. These tablets dissolve very fast and is considered as a fast remedy for variety of internal and external fish parasites.
Tetra parasite guard eliminates need for measuring or scooping powder or liquid medicine. This guard removes external and internal parasites such as flukes, lice, anchor worm,
internal worms and flagellates like hexemita or spironucleus linked and related to hole-in-the-head disease. Parasite guard also protects tropical aquarium fish from secondary infections. It works efficiently without any need of raising water temperature.
Algae control provides solution to control algae in ornamental ponds full of plants and tetra fish. It is very efficient and is used to combat algae blooms, hair algae, string algae and weed in tanks with synthetic liners.
Its well concentrated formula is used for the treatment of large amount of water.
Fungus and Ick guard
Ick Guard is a conditioner that is used to quickly clear ick and white spot on freshwater aquarium fish. Ick is the result of changes in aquarium water temperature.
Ick guard also have special and specific ingredients to protect tetra fish from secondary infections. Aquarium fish fungus treatment is done with the help of fungus guard that treats conditions related to a variety of fungus and bacteria on tropical tetra fish.
It is also used for the treatment of fungus, tail, hemorrhagic septicemia, fin or mouth rot, clamped fins and dropsy.